There are a million and one frameworks for categorising constraints, and analysing the environment before, during and after projects start. It doesn’t matter which one you choose, as long as you look at it from all sides.
No matter what acronym you work to, make sure you cover all the bases.
- SWOT Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- PEST Political, Economic, Social and Technological
- PESTLE Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Legal and Environmental
- STEER Socio-cultural, Technological, Economic, Ecological, and Regulatory
- STEEL Socio-cultural, Technological, Economic, Ecological, and Legal
- EPISTLES Environment, Political, Informative, Social, Technological, Legal, Economic, and Spiritual