Housed within the State Library of Queensland, The Edge’s Fabrication Lab is an open access community makerspace with equipment and tools available to anyone with a creative idea. If you have a hobby, project, assignment or an idea for a business that requires specialist tools like a laser cutter, soldering station, 3D printer, sewing machine or timber workshop, The Edge’s Fabrication Lab can help.
Personal Laser Cutter Projects
- [done] Silhouettes of city skylines for London, Paris, Marseille and New York;
- Engraved acrylic personalised luggage tags;
- [done] A shadow-box frame for holding all our old show tickets;
- A case/sound tube for a hand-wound music box;
- [done] Signage for two upcoming stage shows (“Fully Made Up“, and “You! The Cabaret”);
- Custom toolbox tray inserts;
- [done] Jewellry and accessories;
- Housing for a home made LED photography lighting rig.
Finished projects will go into the project gallery.